- 💵Donation Page
- 🤝Do you want to volunteer?
- Embassy of Ukraine in your country
- ❤️Humanitarian help in New Zealand
- 🏠 Entering New Zealand as a Ukranian Refugee
In Aotearoa New Zealand, one of the most effective ways to support the crisis in Ukraine is to fundraise locally, and use the power of the New Zealand dollar to support initiatives in Eastern Europe.
Should I support Grassroots or Established Organisations?
Grassroots organisations are much more financially efficient (often with little to no overhead expenses), are highly agile (are not restricted by bureaucracy), and are therefore very effective in crisis conditions.
Established organisations are more structured, have better governance, and are capable of providing large amounts of support over longer periods of time.
Both types of organisations need support, and we have compiled a list of trusted organisations for you to support.
🤝Do you want to volunteer?
Fundraising and donating to one of the organisation listed above is one of the best ways to support on the ground initiatives. St Johns, has a great list of ideas that you could follow.
Cyber Security: Join the IT Army of Ukraine to support their initiatives
Follow the Ukrainian Association of New Zealand who hold protests https://www.facebook.com/Ukraine.NewZealand
Embassy of Ukraine in your country
- EMBASSY OF UKRAINE (NEW ZEALAND)
Ukraine is represented in New Zealand by the Ukrainian Embassy in Singapore.
50 Raffles Place
16-05 Singapore Land Tower
Tel (+65) 6535 6550
Fax (+65) 6535 2116
Office hours 9am-1pm, 2pm-6pm,Mon-Fri; 9.30am-12.30pm, Mon-Fri (Visa Office)
- CONSULATE OF UKRAINE IN AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
Oleksandr Kirichuk, Honorary Consul
c/o Puhoi Organic Distillery Ltd.
9 Saleyards Road
Tel (+64) (21) 678 013
Office hours by appointment
No visa services
❤️Humanitarian help in New Zealand
- RED CROSS NZ (Various services)
- Restoring family links
- Services: Finding missing family, sending messages to family where there is no other mode of contact, checking on overseas family welfare, providing confirmation of detention if the International Committee of the Red Cross visited you in detention overseas.
https://www.redcross.org.nz/what-we-do/in-new-zealand/restoring-family-links/ Call 0800 REDCROSS (0800 733 2767)
If you are a social service or other referring agency, please complete a referral form and forward to us via email [email protected]
- Refugee Trauma Recovery
- Services: Supporting former refugees to restore well-being, cope more effectively and regain control of their lives. The Red Cross team is made up of psychologists, psychotherapists, counsellors, a social worker and a psychiatrist. (We) provide screening, assessment, treatment, therapy, care coordination and onward referral. (We) also work closely with other professional agencies to provide holistic support to clients.
- Contact: https://www.redcross.org.nz/what-we-do/in-new-zealand/migration-programmes/refugee-trauma-recovery/
To speak with someone about these services, call (04) 805 0350. You can find our Refugee Trauma Recovery centre at Level 6, 186 Willis Street, Wellington.
- Chris Clarke, Practice Manager (Monday to Wednesday)
04 805 0361 [email protected]
- Andrea Witkowski, Reporting Administrator (Monday to Wednesday)
04 805 0363 [email protected]
- Francesca Faggioli, Clinical Manager & Clinical and Counselling Psychologist. Registered NZ Psychologists Board (Monday to Friday)
04 805 0353 [email protected]
🏠 Entering New Zealand as a Ukranian Refugee
- NZ GOVERNMENT PROGRAMMES
Note that the following programmes are general government programmes not specific to particular geographies.
- NZ REFUGEE QUOTA PROGRAMME
- (About the programme)
- (Guidelines for the asylum claim process)https://www.immigration.govt.nz/audiences/supporting-refugees-and-asylum-seekers/asylum-seekers
- NZ COMMUNITY REFUGEE SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMME
- (About refugee sponsorship)
- (Apply to be a sponsor)https://www.immigration.govt.nz/assist-migrants-and-students/assist-refugees/refugee-sponsorship/applying-to-be-a-sponsor
- RED CROSS NZ - REFUGEE RESETTLEMENT RESOURCES
Includes information about the NZ Government and support services, resources for settled families, interpreting support, refugee sector organisations in NZ, international organisations, and education resources.
- COMMUNITY LAW - PRO BONO INITIAL LEGAL ADVICE AND ASSISTANCE